Friday, January 4, 2013

More stick structures and evidence?

Instead of painting in sub-freezing weather, I decided to go check out the area I like to search in.  The walk was a little chilly, but was very enjoyable.  There was little snow on the ground, and on the pathways. I saw no indication of any unusual tracks or prints.  Frankly, it was just nice to be outside, rather than cooped up on my computer, and playing around with YouTube and facebook.  The walk was further than I had gone before and lasted about 2.5 hours, round trip.  I had forgotten how pleasant just a plain hike in the woods was.  The lack of vegetation gave me the opportunity to go deeper into the woods, and off-path, without worrying about stickers, underbrush and ticks.  There were some other interesting structures along the way, and some possible shelter structures that seemed pretty cool.  These included downed trees and logs and other rock formations and small overhangs.

There was also an unusual concrete box structure that I came across.  Next to it was a broken ceramic flower pot.  Now, I was pretty far away from any house or other building, and this seemed pretty odd.  On top of the concrete box were the other sections of the flower pot.  Upon inspecting them, I noticed that there was an entrance to the concrete structure from up top.  While I didn't dare venture to look inside, I was able to angle my camera, attached to my mono-pod, and get a video of the contents of the block.  It seems pretty interesting what is there.

I did take some pictures and some videos.  One thing I noticed was that the archway I previously discovered was now broken.  So, there is no to little indication of this "gateway" that arched over an animal path or game path.

It was also noticed that several of the stick structures that were recorded previously have also been dismantled or knocked down.  Who or what did this?  The sticks were wedged between trees and it seems inconceivable that this could have happened through a course of nature, and that they had to be removed intentionally.  Did one or any of the visitors or viewers of my videos recognize the area and decide to dismantle? I sincerely doubt it. But it is an optional possibility.

Since my heart condition was diagnosed close to 15 years ago, I had not ventured out so far, nor gone up and down hills like these.  Although I was a bit winded at times, it was absolutely refreshing to hike.  Next time, however, I might want to have somebody with me, for safety sake.

Check back later on this post as I will be adding some pictures and videos to it from my hike.

No comments:

Post a Comment